Imagine a website ranking factor without the proper search engine optimization tactics!
Well, sadly, a particular website with no SEO does not rank good over the others that have complete SEO techniques applied by the experts.
Search engine optimization is a set of proven tactics that help a website to rank higher in Google search engine pages.
SEO improves the online visibility of a web page with the help of a number of things such as content optimization, SEO friendly architecture of a website, internal navigation and much more. Along with these things, grammatically accuracies and readability, as well as usability improvements, can really help a website to get better rankings on the internet. With this technique, any blogger can create a more useful and user-friendly content piece that earns a great value on the web.
Importance of Search Engine Optimization
SEO marketing brings life to your content! Yes, it’s true. Its importance is never undervalued due to its benefits on a website. As search engine is the vehicle through which a website is moved, it’s very important to get proper SEO marketing done after writing any content.
You would always want to apply search engine optimization techniques to your website due to the following: –
1) Users are always in the habit of clicking on top 5 searches in Google result pages. Due to this reason, it becomes important to rank your page within 5 pages which is possible with the inclusion of search engine optimization techniques.
2) With a proper application of these techniques, you can also achieve the best user experience as well as increase the usability of a particular website.
3) Users show trust in a high-ranking website which is in a way directly beneficial for the website.
4) SEO boosts the social promotion of a website. The ones who visit your site through Google or Yahoo can promote it on numerous social media channels such as Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.
5) An SEO optimized website can definitely put it into winning mode over other sites that haven’t optimized. This website is more likely to gain a lot of customers which results in the increase of the business revenue.
An Introduction to SEO
In simple terms, search engine optimization is a method to enhance the ranking of a website to the top pages of search engines. When more and more users come to a site, they will help in skyrocketing the business sales thereby making business owners realize their business goals and get best ROI through the huge amount of sales.
When a user searches on any search engine, a complex set of algorithms work towards displaying these searches. These algorithms let the searches displayed on the first or second place.
Stages of SEO Optimization
SEO is a combination of many processes and rules that help a website rank higher in search engines. Two main stages of search engine optimization are: –
1) On-Page SEO
This type of SEO deals with the optimization of website elements so as to help the website rank higher in search engines & to attract more valuable traffic. Optimization of the content & page’s HTML source code come under this technique.
On-page SEO interprets the content of a page properly. It tells about the page and its suitability for the search queries. A proper on-page SEO helps the search engines to present valuable information so that human visitors get high-quality content about a specific search query.
To put it simply, on-page SEO helps the users and the search engines to:
- Identify the relevance of a search query
- Know about a particular web-page
- Find a specific page capable of ranking on search engine results page.
Some of the biggest factors to keep in mind while doing on-page SEO are: –
- Using Title Tags: – Make sure to use your title tags carefully. It is the best to place your targeted keywords in these tags. One should learn the best practices to use effective title tags in his blog to get maximum benefits.
- Using Headings: – Try to include your targeted keywords in every heading of your web page. However, make sure to sync your keywords to the page content which will actually provide value to your web page.
- URL Structure: – Inclusion of keywords in the URL structure will certainly give you more positive results. However, do give a thought before you plan to change all your URLs just for the purpose of putting keywords into them. It’s better to hire a professional for this job though.
- Increasing Page Load Speed: –Fast loading pages help a website to rank higher in search engines. So, try to optimize web-pages for a faster page load.
- Using ALT Text for Your Images: –Adding ALT text to an image works in your favor! Yes! Although this text is not visible to your website visitors, however, sight-impaired visitors can understand your image’s content through the screen reader software. Inserting keywords in your image provide information about the content of your specific page.
- Internal Linking: – Interconnected pages on a website are beneficial not only for your site visitors but also for search engines. Interlinking pages on your website is not that tough and you can learn that easily through online tutorials.
- Page Content: – Each quality write-up can help you get great traffic to your site. Your website pages should have important information so that it can satiate your visitors who are there for gaining valuable information.
2) Off Page SEO
Off-page SEO deals with increasing your site’s authority by gaining links from different websites. “Domain Authority” is an important score for knowing about your site’s authority. Every blogger should check his website authority to catch a glimpse of how well his efforts are paying off while managing his website.
The more quality backlinks your website has, the more it will become popular. Being said as one of the major factors of an Off-page SEO, creating backlinks are the must if you are aiming for a strong online presence of your website.
Here are some methods through which you can build quality links to your site: –
• Make sure to write awesome content! People, after finding your content to be qualitative, would like to link to it which is indeed valuable to you.
• Don’t forget to share your content on social media channels which will help you generate links.
• You can also send emails to get back-links.
• Guest blogging is undoubtedly the best way to generate these links.
Choose the site that closely relates to yours and try to write guest posts for it. Your written guest posts will have links to your site that will help your site rank high.